ACHIEVEMENTS OF S.S.COLLEGE
1. In the year 2002, S. S. College produce best graduate from Assam University, Silchar. Mr. Uday Shankar Chakroborty of Department of Mathematics got the award of Best graduate from Assam University, Silchar.
2. In the year 2008, the college again got another golden achievement by producing another best graduate from Assam University. Mr. Arpan Paul of Department of Zoology was awarded best graduate by Assam University, Silchar.
3. Mr. Akshay Saha, a student of H.S. Second Year Science secured 6th (Sixth) Position in the Higher Secondary (Science) Final Examination conducted by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council AHSEC in the year 2014.
4. The college was Re-accredited as ‘A’ Grade College with CGPA 3.12 by NAAC on 30th Nov 2011. This is the only ‘A’ Grade College in the southern Assam.
5. From the session 2013-14, the college opened a new stream (Commerce Stream). Which open a new dimention for the student of this locality. Students are now able to persue B. Com Cources from this college.
6. As a higher educational institute The college received many UGC sponsored Major and minor research projects which are strengthening the research activity of the college. Research facility is now available in the college.
7. The star college project was sanctioned in the year 2012 to this college by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, New Delhi .
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. No student will be allowed to submit his/her application, unless his/her application for admission is duly countersigned by the Parent / Guardian.
2. Every Student should attend his/her classes punctually.
3. Consumption or chewing of tobacco/intoxicant in any form by the students within college campus is strictly prohibited.
4. No student should use mobile phone in the Institution. If detected such hand set will be confiscated by the disciplinary committee or by the college authority.
5. Any student who is will-fully insubordinate, mischievous or guilty of malpractice in examinations or guilty of any grave offence may be, according to the degree of the offence done, suspended or rusticated from the institute by the Principal.
6. Any student who is found to have secured admission by producing false documents shall be summarily rejected and his/her fees will be forfeited. Students who fail to maintain a high sense of discipline in the class room and in the college premises will liable to be punished by the Principal.
7. Perfect discipline must be maintained in the classrooms and in the campus.
8. All the students will have to wear the prescribed uniform. Without uniform students will not be allowed to attend the class.
9. Candidate not securing 75% attendance will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
10. Absence or leave without permission is considered a breach of discipline which may lead any punishment considered fit by the Principal.
11. Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances or transferred to any other course or person.
12. Decision of the management will be final in all matters.
13. Students are expected to take proper care of the Institution’s property and to keep the premises neat and tidy.
14. Candidates selected for admission should produce a declaration form duly signed by the candidate and counter signed by the guardian, before joining the institution.
15. The management has the right to reschedule the class timings.
16. Any student found involved in ragging will be expelled immediately from the institution as per the regulation passed by the Govt, of India and orders of Hon’ble.
17. No student will be allowed to take part in any game tournament n favour of any other institution clubs etc. other than the college team without prior permission from the proper authority.
UNIFORM OF THE COLLEGE
To encourage a sense of discipline and to foster a spirit of uniformity and oneness among the students, the college authority has introduced a new set of dress code for the college students replacing the old one from the academic session 2012-13.
All the students are, therefore, to wear the college uniform compulsorily as per the specification given below.
For Girls :-
1. Round Neck
2. Full / Half Sleeve
3. Simple Salwar (no leggings allowed)
4. Navy Blue Dopatta
5. Navy Blue Scarf
6. Black Shoes
For Boys :-
1. Full / Half shirt
2. Navy Blue Tie
3. Black Shoes
4. Single Pocket in shirt
5. Single Pocket on back of the Pant
6. Students have to be in their Shirt
During The Winter
1. Navy Blue Full / Half Sweater.